|Sarah maintains a diverse corporate and dispute resolution practice. She counsels clients on a wide range of business law matters, including mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, debt and equity financings, private equity investments, joint ventures, fiduciary duties, business formation and general business counseling. Sarah represents both buyers and sellers of businesses and has acted as the primary associate in numerous M&A transactions. She has advised a range of clients in a variety of industries, including non-profits, small and mid-sized businesses and large public companies. In addition, Sarah has experience in complex commercial litigation matters including briefing and motions practice and discovery.
In her free time, Sarah loves traveling and attending sporting events with her husband Shawn, and spending time with her extended family. She is an active member of Rock City Church, and as a Columbus native and two-time graduate of The Ohio State University, Sarah is an avid Buckeyes sports fan.
- J.D., The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 2010
- Summa Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Edmund A. Sargus Jr., U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio (Spring 2010)
- B.A., Criminology, The Ohio State University, 2007
Memberships and Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Structured, negotiated and documented complex mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, joint ventures and commercial transactions.
- Counseled boards of directors and senior management on corporate governance issues, including directors’ and officers’ fiduciary duties, and general corporate matters.
- Negotiated corporate and commercial transactions, including consulting agreements, service agreements and supply contracts.
- Member of a team that represented a national owner of multi-family residential and commercial apartment complexes in Charlotte, North Carolina, Columbus, Ohio ad Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, in connection with multiple claims against the general contractor and design professionals for severe construction and design defects.