William E. Nakasian
Bill Nakasian advises corporations, developers, equity investors and large private equity real estate funds on all aspects of commercial and real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, the structuring of complex joint ventures, lending and finance, including senior and mezzanine financings, commercial leasing of all types, public/private partnerships and economic incentive programs. Bill has extensive experience with sale-leaseback and lease-leaseback transactions, Section 1031 transactions and other tax incentivized transactions.
Bill is focused on understanding his clients’ businesses and offering strategic and practical advice that will help his clients attain their business goals and objectives. He has a proven track record of helping clients in a wide variety of businesses achieve greater profitability. Bill is passionate about providing advice on a value‑added basis that fosters long-term relationships with clients.
- J.D., with Honors, The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, 1990
- B.S., in Accounting, Case Western Reserve University, 1987
Memberships and Affiliations
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America (2008-2012); Ohio Super Lawyers (2007-2011)
- Represented CalEast Industrial Investors throughout a 10-year period in which it successfully acquired, developed, managed, operated, leased and disposed of assets within its industrial warehouse portfolio, including the $1.4 billion sale of its core portfolio consisting of more than 21 million square feet of industrial buildings in 18 cities.
- Represented Nationwide Realty Investors in connection with various aspects of the acquisition, disposition, development, leasing and financing of multi‑family, commercial and retail projects.
- Represented Capitol Square, Ltd. in connection with all aspects of its real estate investments, including negotiation of joint ventures and public/private partnerships, Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges, acquisitions, dispositions, lending, financing, and leasing in connection with multi-family, retail, office, warehouse and hospitality products.
- Represented one of the country’s largest financial institutions in multiple nationwide portfolio sale-leaseback transactions involving more than 100 properties and more than 19 million square feet.
- Represented Sprint Nextel in a sale-leaseback transaction of more than 3,000 cell tower sites across the country.